Nankhedda!! (indian bakery biscuit)

Cookies they call it here!!! As I opened a fresh bottle of Ghee, the aroma got me lost to imagine myself biting into a soft and buttery biscuit. with this thought in mind and quickly reading a few tips online regarding baking cookies, I made my way to the kitchen...

Ingredients :-
  • 1 cup maida\ All purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4tsp ghee
  • lime zest
  • salt

Method:-
  1. Mix together maida and sugar.
  2. To this add ghee very few at a time, while you mix. Add lime zest and salt(optional).
  3. Mix Ghee to mixture until you are able to mold a smooth lump.
  4. It may seem that the mixture keeps breaking and does not bind together, keep molding it will bind as the ghee melts.
  5. Now pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
  6. Make make small balls on mixture , shape them to biscuit and place them on the oven dish.
  7. When pre-heated place the dish for about 20-25mins.
  8. After 15 keep checking to see if they are getting done fine.
  9. Once done they would have brownish baked texture.
Enjoy with hot coffee or tea :-), we had ours with spicy buttermilk.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna try Tomato Rasam,Bisibele Bhaat,Onion Pakoras(your style),Methi Dosa,Carrot Chutney,Nankhedda and may be more.I liked your presentation & making viewers deparate to give it a try.