Potato-Carrot Chowder

Been a long time I did not add new posts, well that does not mean I shut the kitchen!!! Just that was cleaning up the fridge stock and nothing really experimental came to hand. Well I did make some variety food, which I shall write\upload when I make them again;). As of today, I'm alone for dinner and what does Aru love most??? Soups and Noodles... hmm I smell the soup boiling while I blog... so.. so.. soothing. Here it is.. read, enjoy, feel lost and make it!!! if it turns out fantastic and fabulous, then drop me a comment or a new recipe that is easy, quick and that relaxes you at all times.


Ingredients :-
  • 1-2 garlic cloves (optional)
  • 1/2 inch ginger(optional)
  • 1 medium size potato
  • 1 large carrot
  • 1/4 cup onion
  • 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
  • pepper powder
  • butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • oil
  • salt

Method
:-
  1. Heat about 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp butter.
  2. Add 1/2 - 1 tsp pepper powder
  3. As butter melts add potato and carrot cubes.(I used potato with skin).
  4. Crushed garlic and ginger(optional).
  5. To this add water and milk.
  6. Boil until water\milk is well absorbed.
  7. Let cool. Later Blend this mixture.
  8. Now heat another vessel and add some oil and more pepper(I'm a pepper freak, avoid if you don't enjoy it much)
  9. To this add shredded cabbage and stir. (If you want to make it more filling add an egg at this stage).
  10. As the cabbage gets cooked, add to this the blended mixture.
  11. Boil and stir for another 5-10 mins.
  12. Turn heat off and add salt as per taste.
  13. Serve hot with crackers or garlic bread.
Hmm... I'm grabbing my bowl and catching up a movie...

No comments: