Chicken and Tostitos soup

I love soups and since long I've been trying very hard to make a good soup. Most of my previous attempts have been great bloopers that survived on the dinner table just for few minutes and then got dumped :-(. But this one was edible and quite tasty, I say this with confidence b'coz my hubby has been gifted great taste buds... not all food passes easy;). Well, thanks to him for making me be a fine enough cook, who can make edible dishes and thanks also as he has agreed to rate my dishes on the scale of 1-5

Rating - **** Serves 4
Ingredients:-
  • 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
  • few pieces of chicken (pre-cooked frozen or uncooked)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 4-5 beans
  • 5-6 baby carrots
  • 2-3 garlic cloves
  • 4-5 tsp tomato puree or diced chunks
  • Chilli powder or Texas Pete Hot Sauce
  • 2 tsp Cornflour or All Purpose Flour
  • 10-12 Tostitos

Note - To all my Veggie readers, substitute Chicken with soyabean chunks (meal maker).

Method:-
I have used pre-cooked chicken(one used in salads).

  1. When using uncooked chicken, saute it in pan with some oil and pepper.
  2. In a bowl melt butter in oil and add fresh ground pepper or pepper powder.
  3. Add milk.
  4. As butter melts add the cornflour or the all purpose flour.
  5. Slightly crush the garlic gloves and add to butter.
  6. Add corn kernels and saute.
  7. Next add cut beans and carrots.
  8. As the veggies get cooked, add the tomato puree and chilli powder or hot sauce.
  9. Add some water, good enough to cover the veggies.
  10. Add the chicken pieces.
  11. Cover and let cook on simmer\mid for about 20-25 mins.
  12. Monitor every 5-10 mins to check the consistency and add water as needed.
  13. Once cooked, turn off the gas and place the tostitos and cover again.
  14. For those who enjoy hot spicy flavors, garnish with small cut green chillies and along with coriander.
  15. Serve hot with Saltine Crackers and relish!!

(Note: I have not added any salt since the salt content of hot sauce and Tostitos felt good enough. Add if required per taste.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good recipe, Aru! Happy blogging!! I'm glad you finally started writing the recipes.
--Nalini