- 8-10 Shrimps
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2-3 red chillies
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp tamarind
- 1-2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp jeera
- 2-3 tsp coconut
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 4-5 tsp rava\sooji
- Soak tamarind in warm water.
- Heat pan without oil and add chopped onion, ginger, garlic, red chillies, pepper corns, coriander seeds and jeera.
- Saute until they are slightly roasted.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Make small bits of shrimp(about size of pea)
- Now grind the above roasted mixture together with coconut and soaked tamarind (Need not use entire tamarind water, Let the paste me thick, as to pat a patty\cutlet and not watery).
- Mix together shrimp, paste, rice flour, rava and salt.
- To this add finely chopped cilantro, if at this point you feel the need to spice it up further, you may add red chilli powder or finely cut green chillies.
- Next heat pan with oil, when heated make small patties and place on pan.
- Grease with oil and flip as needed.
A great side for lemon rice or curd rice. Sprinkle of lime enhances the taste!!!