Tangy Snack

We were too hungry, knew wanted to have something spicy and tangy. Opened the kitchen cabinets was out of chaat packs.. wondered what now and just then I lay my eyes on a pack of popped Jowar(Sorghum grain) . I'm sure many of you will recognize from the picture below in the ingredients sections , as to what I mentioning to as popped Jowar. I don't know the exact name for it :-)


Rating - 3, Serves 2

Ingredients :-
  • 2 cup Jowar(Sorghum popped)
  • 2-3 green chillies
  • 1 cm ginger
  • 1 garlic clove
  • coriander leaves handful
  • 1/4 tsp red chilli
  • pinch haldi
  • lime (fresh or concentrate)
  • onion, tomato for garnish
Method:-
  1. Grind together jowar, cut chillies, ginger, garlic, coriender leaves, red chilli, haldi and 1tsp lime juice(use as needed).
  2. Add salt as per taste, the jowar pops I used were salted.
  3. Garnish with finely cut tomato, onion and green chillies(optional).
  4. Serve with yogurt on side if needed.
I purchased the popped Sorghum from Indian store. If you'd like to try making them at home please refer to - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_jsplQLn4.





No comments: