We were too hungry, knew wanted to have something spicy and tangy. Opened the kitchen cabinets was out of chaat packs.. wondered what now and just then I lay my eyes on a pack of popped Jowar(Sorghum grain) . I'm sure many of you will recognize from the picture below in the ingredients sections , as to what I mentioning to as popped Jowar. I don't know the exact name for it :-)
Rating - 3, Serves 2
- 2 cup Jowar(Sorghum popped)
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- coriander leaves handful
- 1/4 tsp red chilli
- pinch haldi
- lime (fresh or concentrate)
- onion, tomato for garnish
- Grind together jowar, cut chillies, ginger, garlic, coriender leaves, red chilli, haldi and 1tsp lime juice(use as needed).
- Add salt as per taste, the jowar pops I used were salted.
- Garnish with finely cut tomato, onion and green chillies(optional).
- Serve with yogurt on side if needed.