With the weather getting cooler, taste buds crave for spicy, fatty and crunchy foods. Karela\Bitter Gourd is one vegetable that I doubt anybody as a child is very fond of, but as adults many began to relish the bitter, bold taste. Here is a dish which is simple and easy.
- Thinly slice and de-seed bittergourd, of about 1 inch in length.
- Heat about 4-5 tsp oil.
- When heated add cumin, and as cumin sputters add red chili powder and turmeric.
- Next add the bittergourd.
- Saute for 5 mins, when the slices look soft add to this amchur, coriender and garam masala powders.
- Continue to saute for another 10-15 mins.
- As the gourd slightly blackens and feels crisp. Turn off flame and add salt to taste.