Fish Dish

I really am falling short of my imagination, to label a name to this dish. I thought of Fish Masala, then there is hardly use of much masala. For now I name this as Fish Dish, my creative readers\fellow bloggers do suggest me a name :-)





Rating - 4.2 Serves 4


Ingredients :-

  • 1 onion
  • 3-4 green chillies
  • 1-2 tsp pepper corns
  • 2 tsp jeera
  • 3-5 tsp coconut powder
  • 3-5 tsp mustard seeds
  • 2-3 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 inch ginger
  • 4-5 Fish fillets (I used Tilapia)
  • Haldi
  • Red chilli powder

Note - To all my Veggie readers, substitute Fish with yellow squash.

Method:-
  1. In a pan take about 1tsp oil and add jeera and musturd do not sputter (since needed for paste)
  2. To this add pepper corns, cut onion, garlic, ginger and green chillies.
  3. Fry for sometime and keep aside to cool.
  4. In same pan, fry the fish both sides until slightly crisp(need not fry until cooked). Keep aside.
  5. Now grind the cooled mixture with coconut.
  6. Pour about 2 tsp oil in pan, once heated pour the paste and saute.
  7. Now place the fried fish pieces in pan, sprinkle some haldi and red chilli powder.
  8. Cover with lid and let cook on low(make sure it is not too heated).
  9. After about 5 mins, add water as needed(1/4 - 1/2 cup) and cover again for another 15 mins.
  10. Once all the paste id cooked and absorbed by fish quite a bit, sprinkle salt as needed stir carefully to mix, turn off the heat and keep covered.
  11. Garnish with coriander along with with onion and lime. Good with chapati.





No comments: