It is rainy, damp, cold and it is a weekend and your lazy to stand in kitchen for long and you need something just sooo wonderful that it fills your appetite perfect, try this out. I'm sure you'll love this for either lunch\dinner :-). Simple, easy, filling and satisfying!!
Rating - 4.5 Serves 4
- 1 large\2 medium onions
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 4-5 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- 2 dry red chillies
- dry masala 1/2 - 1 tsp (made fresh) or use garam masala
- pepper powder (optional)
- Shrimp\Scallops\Egg\Mushroom\Cauliflower - all optional
- Heat cooker dry and add 1/2 tsp jeera, 2 tsp pepper, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 3-4 cardamom pods, 4-5 cloves.
- Once its starts to spell the roasted aroma, turn heat off and grind to fine powder. This can me stored as masala for later use.
- Wash rice well and keep aside as you start with the dish.
- Heat about 2 tsp oil in cooker and to this add chilli powder and haldi.
- Next add thinly sliced onion and fry well. To this add cut dry red chillies.
- As the onion gets caramelized, add ginger and garlic very finely cut\paste.
- To this add roughly pieced cashew and raisins.
- Then add 1/2 - 1 tsp of the dry powder prepared earlier.
- Now add either\all of Shrimp\Scallops\Egg\Mushroom\Cauliflower. I used Shrimp. Rice tastes just fine with none of these too. If using egg, then either use scrambled or boiled and just add later as garnish, do not put in cooker.
- Next add the rice and stir slightly.
- Finally add appropriate amount of water and salt to taste.
- Allow 3 whistles on high and turn off heat.
- Leave for about 20 mins and open when the pressure goes down.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.