Most times I used the ready in 20mins packs and got good compliments for it :-). My first attempt to bake a cake from scratch and I'm happy with how it turned. To add to the list of first time stuff... I got a slight burn on my arm, so first time bakers be very very very careful and watch the oven corners while you place\work with the dish.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3-5 tsp honey
- 2 tsp coffee powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 -2 tsp baking soda
- 3-4 tsp milk powder
- pinch salt
- all the dry fruits what you can find at home!!!
- Mash bananas and mix with oil, butter, honey and sugar.
- To this add flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Next add coffee powder, i used this to reduce the smell of banana and to sell my cake to those who cannot stand ripe bananas :-)
- Add milk powder.
- Finally add crushed dry fruits (I used almonds, raisins, cashew, walnuts).
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Line a oven safe dish with aluminium foil and pour the mixture.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins.
- Keep checking for brown baked color.
- Use a tooth pick to test if core of cake is done.
- Serve warm with coffee or top with some whipped cream!!!